The White House released a fact sheet yesterday where President Bush discussed the intelligence and showed the importance of defeating Al Qaeda in Iraq. Here are a few bullets from the report.
- Of The Forces In Iraq Trying To Stop Our Strategy From Succeeding, The Most Destructive One Is Al Qaeda.
- The Terrorists View The Battle In Iraq As Part Of The War On Terror.
- Osama Bin Laden Attempted To Send A New Commander To Iraq.
- According To Our Intelligence Community, In January 2005, Osama Bin Laden Tasked The Terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi With Forming A Cell To Conduct Terrorist Attacks Outside Iraq.
- The Best Way To Protect Our People Is To Take The Fight To The Enemy.
The actual report with substantiating details can be found at Fact Sheet: Keeping America Safe From Attack.Tags: National Issues