It’s not a plan to win, it’s not a plan to bring peace, it’s not a plan to rebuild, and it’s not a plan to fight terrorism. It is a plan to fight President Bush and not terrorists. It is a plan that will lead to failure by forcing troop reductions which will lessen our chances of success in Iraq. It will also embolden Iran, other Middle East Nations, and Muslims worldwide against non-Islamic nations. And the beauty of it in the Democrats eyes is that it can be done while claiming they are funding the war.
Top House Democrats, working in concert with anti-war groups, have decided against using congressional power to force a quick end to U.S. involvement in Iraq, and instead will pursue a slow-bleed strategy designed to gradually limit the administration’s options.
How is this possible? There plan proposed by Congressmen Jack Murtha, is to accept the added funds the President has requested, but with some additional requirements riding the bill. According to Win without War, the before mentioned anti-war group, this is how it will be done.
Key to Murtha’s strategy will be establishing a set of strict requirements that the administration will need to meet to deploy troops into Iraq:
- Troops will need to be certified as “fully combat ready” with the training and equipment that they need;
- Deployments cannot be extended beyond one year;
- Troops must have at least one-year at home between deployments;
- The “stop-loss” program where soldiers are forced to extend their agreed upon enlistment period will be prohibited.
Chairman Murtha described other measures the committee is considering for inclusion in the legislation:
- Prohibit an attack on Iran without Congressional authorization;
- Prohibit the construction of permanent military bases in Iraq;
- Close the US military prison at Guantanamo Bay Cuba;
- Bulldoze the Abu Ghraib prison into rubble;
- Substantially reduce private security contractors and establish greater accountability for those who remain.
I can see so many ways that this will cripple our troops. President Bush will have the choice between no funding for the additional troops needed in Iraq or this plan, which will force the most experienced soldiers home early and leave the fighting to be done by less experienced soldiers. We lose either way. It’s ashame that the President has to wage a war on two fronts, here and abroad. If the Democrats want to kill our soldiers and citizens so badly, I wish they would just pick up a gun, instead of this “Slow-Bleed”
In a nutshell the Democrats finally have a plan, but it isn’t a plan to defeat terrorism.
We are all still waiting for that one.
And for you conspiracy buffs, or those who really wonder where the Democratic Party gets their agenda, realize that Democrats are working directly with Win without War which is a member of United for Peace and Justice, an anti-US socialist organization that has Whatcom Peace and Justice Center as its local members. You know the guys who stand on the street corner downtown with the signs.Tags: National Issues, Socialism, impeachment